CompTIA IT Certification
Master the modern enterprise computing environment with the comprehensive CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle. Designed to help IT engineers understand and overcome common issues, this course bundle will help them understand how to integrate Cloud computing technologies, and unlock the power of the mobile workforce without compromising network security.
This course is best suited to:
- Experienced IT engineers and administrators who need to understand how to take advantage of Cloud technologies.
- Network administrators who need to implement mobile or BYOD policies.
- Security engineers who need to know more about protecting corporate resources.
- IT engineers who want to add to their skillset to improve their employment options and to keep their knowledge relevant.
Using a mix of instructor led videos and self-study materials, the CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is delivered online. By the power of the Internet, the course is available anyplace anytime, allowing participants to study whenever and wherever is most convenient for them.
Students can test their progress periodically using the supplied flash cards and educational games; there are also numerous practical examples in each section that help learners understand how to apply the techniques being demonstrated. End of unit tests ensure students have fully grasped each concept before moving on to the next task. Students can also discuss topics with their peers using our social networking facilities, adding another valuable learning tool by which to add to their knowledge.
Key learning points
Comprised of eight separate courses, the CompTIA IT certification Training bundle contains everything an IT professional needs to get started in the modern computing environment. From basic computer hardware familiarisation, to system security to Cloud technologies, this bundle has something for everyone.
The bundle opens with the CompTIA Cloud overview, looking at:
- The business value offered by Cloud services.
- How to avoid common pitfalls and deliver a successful Cloud deployment.
- The affect that Cloud services have on IT service management (ITSM).
- The risks and consequences attached to Cloud computing and how to mitigate them.
Course focus then shifts to mobile computing, a key aspect of the modern distributed workforce. CompTIA Mobility+ Modules cover many topics including:
- Over the air technologies like WiFi and 3G/4G networking.
- Building effective wireless networks.
- Using Mobile Device Management (MDM) tools to simplify the administrative process for smartphones and tablets.
- Boosting mobile device security to prevent network breaches and data loss.
- Troubleshooting mobile device issues.
Wireless and mobility networking is complemented by the Network+ course which deals with the infrastructure to support wireless networking:
- Physical network cable types and the situations in which they would be deployed.
- Building LANs and WANs and the correct topology to use for a specific networking context.
- How to monitor and manage network hardware and traffic to ensure a consistently high performance for service users.
- The basic principles of network security, using built-in features to prevent unauthorised access and data theft.
With cybercrime on the rise, students also need to be well-versed in IT security. The CompTIA Security+ will help them understand:
- Basic design considerations when first building a secure network.
- Identifying and satisfying compliance needs for data and network security.
- Familiarisation of common network threats and vulnerabilities and how they can be blocked.
- The three levels of security considerations – application, data and host – and how each is to be protected.
- How user accounts and security groups can limit data access and raise security standards.
- The use of encryption to protect data, even if it is intercepted by a third party.
Students can go even deeper with the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course which looks at managing and mitigating security risks through user education, organisational change and policy frameworks:
- Specifying security requirements and selecting products to match.
- Deep dive into cryptographic methods and how they applied within the corporate environment.
- Implementing firewalls and VPNs to protect network data as it passes through the corporate network.
- Responding to, and investigating security breaches.
Finally, the Linux+ course introduces students to some of the more popular Linux distributions and how they are deployed in the corporate environment:
- How to configure hardware, manage software and define file access permissions and sharing.
- Administering desktop PCs running Linux.
- Using scripts to automate common administrative tasks.
- Boosting security within a Linux environment.
Advantages of this course
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle contains everything an engineer needs to get started in the modern workplace. By using a vendor-neutral approach, the lessons contained within each module can be applied to virtually any computer network anywhere in the world.
By purchasing this extremely cost-effective package, students will benefit from:
- Full preparation to sit a range of industry recognised CompTIA qualifications, including A+, Network+, Security+, Mobility+, Linux+ and the Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) certifications.
- Improved knowledge that helps workers be more efficient in their roles, establishing them as valued team members.
- New skills that will assist in securing a promotion or a new role elsewhere in the technical IT sector.
- A greater sense of self-confidence as they approach complex technical challenges.
The CompTIA IT Certification Training bundle is an essential investment for individuals who want to learn cutting-edge technologies and approaches and work towards several gold-standard qualifications without breaking the banks.
- Introduction To Operating Systems
- Installing Windows Operating Systems
- Configuration And Management In Windows
- Utilizing Alternative Operating Systems
- Virtualization And Cloud Computing
- Managing Mobile Devices
- Understanding System Security
- Troubleshooting And Operational Procedures
- Introduction To Personal Computers And IT Certification
- Internal Hardware Components
- Storage Fundamentals
- Expanding Hardware Capabilities
- Working With Peripheral Devices
- Mobiles Devices
- Computer Networking
- Hardware And Network Troubleshooting
- Introduction To Networking
- Networking Standards
- Network Cabling And Transmission
- Understanding TCP/IP
- Network Devices
- Wireless Network
- Wide Area Network
- Remote Access
- Network Security
- Building Scalable High Performance Networks
- Monitoring And Troubleshooting Networks
- Network Security
- Compliance And Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
- Over-The-Air Technologies
- Network Infrastructure
- Mobile Device Manager
- Managing Software
- Configuring Hardware
- Managing Files
- Booting Files
- Basic Networking
- Underlying Security Models
- Selecting Security
- Virtual Computing
- Remote Access Security
- Domain Name System
- Directory Services
- Firewall and VPN
- Security Configuration Management
- Network Infrastructure Security
- Secure Web Services
- Buffer Overflows
- SQL Injection
- Access Control
- Single Sign-On
- Risk Assessment
- Testing and Assessment
- Common Vulnerability
- Common Criteria
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Risk Management
- Interconnecting Systems
- Security Services
- Continuous Monitoring
- Incident Handling
- Forensic & Incident Response
- Requirements Processing
- Standards Bodies
- Secure System Life Cycle
- Mobile and BYOD
- Voiceover IP
- Physical Facilities Assessment Process
- Security Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspect
- Cloud Computing and Business Value
- Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
- Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
- Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
- Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above